Sunday, August 14, 2016

I've got great news for you

I've got great news for you. Yes, you! Guess what! No matter what's happening to you. No matter how hard things may seem. No matter how tough things are now. No matter how bleak the future looks from where you're standing. No matter what people are saying about you. No matter what you've been through.

Regardless of all these - GOD HAS GOT IT ALL FIGURED OUT FOR YOU! He's completely in control of your life. This I know and believe. God's got your life completely figured out - from start to finish.

How do I know this? Here's how:

"For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvellous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would be more in number than
the sand; when I awake, I am still with You"
- Psalm 139:13-18.

Did you see what I saw in this text? This is the part I just love:
"And in your book they were all written, all the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them."
Isn't that wonderful? All my days were written in God's book even before they came to be! Wow!


Image source: pinterest.com

Take note of the words: "were", "written" and "fashioned" - notice something? They are all in past tense! God is not trying to figure out what to do with your life. He's not scratching His head trying to think up a plan for your life, no! That's already done! All the days of your life were written in His book long before they came to be! Long before you were even born. HE HAS GOT IT ALL FIGURED OUT.

You may not know the exact details of how it's going to work out; you really don't need to. You only need to KNOW the One who's got the future in His hands. The One who decides the future. The One who declares the end from the beginning. Do you KNOW Him? Do you KNOW His word?

Do not dwell on feelings. You may not FEEL like it, you don't have to. You don't have to FEEL like God's working something great out for you. You just have to KNOW it. You just have to be ASSURED of it.

How do you get this assurance? Through His word - "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28) - and His word is sure.

So, keep calm, brother. Keep your cool, sister. Stay in faith. Stay inspired by the Holy Spirit. Stay upbeat. Stay positive. Stay optimistic. Stay encouraged. Stay in His purpose for you.
Shed the weight of anxiety. Shed the weight of fear. Shed the weight of restlessness. Shed the weight of the pressures.

...and let us run with endurance the race that is set before looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross... - Hebrews 12:1-2.

Keep your eyes firmly fixed on Jesus. He's the source of your faith.
God's word has got to be so real to you that the situation you're going - no matter how hard - fades into insignificance. Keep your gaze on Him and feed on His word. That's when His word becomes flesh and DWELLS INSIDE you.

I'm not trying to make you FEEL good with this piece, no.
This is not an attempt to provide an "escape" from your problems, far from it! God's word doesn't give you an "escape" from problems, it gives you the strength to overcome them. It doesn't only make you FEEL good; it goes deeper than just altering your feelings. His word goes into your spirit and gives you life.

Indeed:
"But as it written: Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him" - 1 Corinthians 2:9.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is giving, and giving is generosity. Be generous, share this post with those you care about.